Saturday, July 7, 2012

Update from Megan

Hiking near Sofia with Stevie, Itzo and Zhoro
Hey Everyone, this is Megan. I'm very excited to be sharing with you my experiences from this trip. This year I was given a unique opportunity to come to Bulgaria two weeks early. It was a really awesome time for me. I got to spend time with some old friends, and it was really amazing to be able to fellowship with them in a completely new way. Normally, I only get to hang out with friends for a brief time during the busy schedule of our team, but on this trip I got to really focus on enjoying the relationships God has given me with a few of the people here in Bulgaria.

Making new friends in the gypsy village of Stolnik
I also got to attend my first ever Blaga Vest service, and that was really awesome for me. One of my favorite things was being able to sing along in Bulgarian to the worship songs. I can read the language, so any time they have words projected I get to worship God in a foreign language.

The first two weeks of my trip were really awesome, and since the rest of the team arrived I have been a lot busier, but I'm very happy to be serving alongside them. I've been in Bulgaria for almost a month now, and I have loved every day. It's wonderful to be at my home away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment