Monday, May 25, 2009

Memories From Last Year...

Recently, the team began adding comments to some of our pics from last year in our private group on Facebook. I thought it would be nice to share those pics, and our memories, here on the blog for everyone to enjoy. I'll share a couple each day when I don't have something else to write about... Here goes!


We all wrote messages and stuck them in the unfinished walls of the Blagovest church. How amazing it will be to one day sit in the finished sanctuary and be able to look to where I know it lays! My verse was Psalm 127:1... "Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it..."

(Mike Kern)






The day this picture was taken was one of my favorite memories of BG. I was painting the walls of the church and felt such a joy in my heart. I knew the Lord had given me a gift in painting and now i was using that to bless others. It was almost an overwhelming feeling to see how the Lord took our gifts and our passions and used them that trip. He took my love for art and painting to bless the church of sofia. That day we also went to the gypsy village. It was the most amazing thing. Barbi was not there to help us do things with the kids, and we didnt know we needed some thing prepared. They asked about a game, so we made them up, then we were told hte kids were too loud we needed something quieter. So i said hannah tell a story we will take care of the rest. She began telling the story of David and Goliath. I was the giant and shae was David, Sara was the king and it was great. Shae swung her purse at me and i hit the grown hard! the kids just laughed an laughed. We did Noahs ark next, me and shae were every animal in the book! The kids had so much fun and we were so blessed. I saw the Lord use our gift of working with children. We used his word and our silly attitudes to make the story real and they loved it. That was my favorite day in bg by far!

(Linzi White)


This is Eti, she translates for us when we are teaching the kids at the camp... We were doing a Hawaiian theme that year. We brought the kids sand dollars and told them the story of Jesus using the sand dollar. Our main focus was to teach them that God has shown His love for us and His message of salvation in all of creation. We just have to look closely and pay attention and then we will see His "fingerprints" on our world. We will take it a little further this year and challenge the kids daily to be looking for "God sightings"... to pay attention to the things He does in our lives everyday, we often miss these things because we are not looking for them. This is our teams challenge to everyone. How have you seen God in your life today? Then tell somebody, in this way we are encouraged that God is at work in ours lives and we encourage others as well.

(Barbie Robnett)

No comments:

Post a Comment